Greetings to the Newtown Public School Family,
Thank you for your interest in The Center for Support and Wellness (CSW). We are the single point of entry for behavioral health and wellness resources in Newtown, Connecticut. It is our goal to make the process of finding and connecting with resources a simple task. Facing stressful times in life is already hard to manage. We hope to make it easier for community members so that they can focus on what they are struggling with. Before us was the Recovery and Resiliency team centered on referrals related to 12/14. We are a wellness center centered on the whole community and will work to help anyone for any reason. Below is our referral process, however we recognize everyone is unique and may require additional steps.
- Make an assessment appointment with one of our staff members (in the Center or a place more convenient for you).
- During the assessment appointment we will discuss with you what you are seeking, your current insurance situation, your expectations, and limitations with travel.
- Within 24-48 hours we will find a resource that matches your needs, your insurance situation and a convenient location for you. Our goal is to do the logistical research so you don’t have to.
- Receive the referral information so you can call the therapist/resource.
- Someone from the center will stay with you until you connect someone or if you have other needs.
The CSW is here to support all individuals and families in the Newtown Community and provide a judgment free and confidential environment. We welcome you to stop by and see us at 28 Trades Lane, call 203-270-4612, find us on Facebook, our website at www.newtowncsw.org or email Jennifer.email@example.com.
It is an honor to serve the Newtown Community and I look forward to meeting many of you.
Best wishes for an excellent school year,
Jennifer Crane, Director
Newtown Center for Support and Wellness
28 Trades Lane
Newtown, CT 06470